Bulk Rename Utility is a simple utility, which allows you to rename multiple files based on the flexible criteria. By this utility, the case of all files in the selected folder can be changed to upper case, lower case and title case. This will be help full in uploading files to server, especially Linux servers are case sensitive.
Bulk Rename Utility is an easy to use file rename project, renaming multiple files never been easier. It has small memory foot print so it can be left running all the time without consuming all your memory. It can easily handles 1,00,000 entries at a time.
By this utility a single char or a set of char can be replaced with one another, also a single char or a set of char can be removed from all the files in the selected folder. We can change the extension of multiple files(which files are in the same extension). This utility allow us to add prefix or suffix to all the files in the selected folder.
This project BULK RENAME UTILITY has only created for windows operating systems. Bulk Rename Utility is a simple utility, it allows us to rename multiple files and folders based on the flexible criteria. This project has been completely written in visual c++ using MFC (Microsoft Foundation Class). Microsoft Foundation Class Library is used to create c++ applications for windows environment.
- This utility allows us to change case of all the files and sub-folder of the selected folder. We can change case to Lower Case, Upper Case and Title Case.
- A single character or a set of characters can be replaced with another character from all files in the selected folder.
- A single character or a set of characters can be removed from all files in the selected folder.
- It allows us to add prefix word or character to all files in the selected folder.
- It allows us to add suffix word or character to all files in the selected folder.
- This utility also allows us to do the renaming operations with or without file extensions.
- Only one dialog box is used to get input from the user.
- A progress bar has been used at the bottom of the dialog box. It is used to show the current status.
- In this processes, if the process of renaming all files in the sucessfull manner then it displays a message box, it shows that "All files renamed successfully".
- If some error occured, while renaming the file suddenly the renaming process will be stopped and the file name is added to the error log that will be displayed at the end of the processes.
- We can personalize all file names with our choice.
- This utility allows us to make same name files with different cases. This will be very use full in uploading files to Linux servers, as Linux servers are case sensitive.